As a manufacturer of industrial saw blades, Simmons Knife & Saw, LLC supplies key industries such as the agriculture, food processing, and medical equipment industries with the product they need to continue operating. As a result, Simmons clearly meets the criteria for an “essential business” and will remain open should any stay-at-home orders be issued in the future.
Other key points that may be of interest to you:
- Operations: Simmons currently operates on 3-shifts. Our workforce is thoroughly cross-trained, meaning we can move employees to areas of need as well as provide any necessary coverage should employee(s) miss work.
- Employees: We are screening employees for temperatures daily. We walk through a symptom checklist with every employee on a weekly basis. All employees are wearing masks and workstations are at least 6 feet apart.
- Visitors: We are currently only allowing prearranged essential visitors into our facility. Simmons is closely following CDC guidelines to protect the health and safety of all Simmons’ visitors and employees. Please note the following guidelines that have been instituted.
- Pre-Screen: A designated Simmons’ employee will pre-screen all visitors for Covid-19 related symptoms, including temperatures of 100.4°F and higher.
- Temperatures will be taken using a forehead instant thermal thermometer.
- Symptoms will be assessed using the Simmons’ Covid-19 symptom checklist.
- Wear a Mask: Visitors must always wear a face mask.
- Designated Entrance: Visitors are required to use the front entrance on the north side of the building to enter and exit.
- Social Distance: Visitors should maintain 6 feet distance between themselves and others when possible.
During these trying and uncertain times, Simmons would like to wish you the best. We are confident that we will emerge from this stronger than ever.